WORSHIPING GOD THROUGH SOCIAL CAUSES
It is because we understand and know that God is a God who
exercises kindness, justice, and righteousness on earth, that
we dispense justice, kindness, and compassion. We dispense
that which originates in God’s heart. He is the source and the
ultimate beneficiary of our good works.
"but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands
and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises
lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for
I delight in these things," declares the LORD.
"Thus has the LORD of hosts said, 'Dispense true justice
and practice kindness and compassion each to his brother"
When we care for the disadvantaged:
1. We delight the heart of the God of kindness & justice
- delight: to give great joy or pleasure
2. We incite thanksgiving to God
- ...liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving
- ...ministry of this service...producing thanksgiving to God
- ...by this ministry, they will glorify God
(2 Corinthians 9:11-13)
2. We honour God who made us in His likeness
"He who oppresses the poor taunts his Maker, but he who
is gracious to the needy honours Him." (Proverbs 14:31)
- We are more fully human, the way God the Creator
intended, when we practice kindness and justice.
"Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image,
according to Our likeness; and let them rule over
the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over
the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping
thing that creeps on the earth."
We appreciate your Comments